Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just Smile

I posted this on PaganSpace.net.

There is an adaptation of a Buddhist practice that I use.

Laughter and smiling is very important in Buddhism.

The idea is, that if you smile (or laugh) you will feel happier.

So what I do every morning is force myself to smile for at least a minute to a minute and a half (the time it takes me to walk from my house to the other side of a small park on the way to work).

The principle is that by smiling your body actually begins to produce the endomorphins (not a doctor so don’t jump on my case if that’s the wrong thing) that help the body and the mind to feel happy.

This has been born out by medical research.

Also mentioned in "The Secret" as well.

It’s the yoga principle of the little wheel (mind) driving the bigger wheel (body). Like in meditation where you quiet your body, to quiet your mind. Here the principle is working in the opposite direction.

By forcing yourself to smile (mental activity) your body begins to respond in return.

Try it it sets me up for the day, and I assure you I am not a morning person.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Julian Meteor said...

EVERYONE knows a black backround is crud!!! lol
TERRIBLE layout!!!!! pmsl

21 January, 2009 15:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home