Monday, May 08, 2006

Self Publish Blooks

I have found some fairly crappy blogs, and some vaguely decent blogs but this seems closest to why I think you should even bother putting finger to keyboard: Self Publish Blooks. But, on the other hand (never start a sentence with "but") from the point of any author if that is how you feel reality is in your world perhaps even the poorly written blogs are as justified as any other.
Placed as a comment on "Greek Tragedy".
"Finally a coherent use of blogging. I have spent far too much time surfing the blogosphere (or is that blogasphere?), meeting the angst ridden "txt" corrupted whining of pre-pubescent teenagers. It was nice just to be lost from rainy Portsmouth (Southern England). It is my belief that the net is an opportunity for everyone to improve the quality of their experience by being able to communicate to a wider audience than the small milieu that would have received them otherwise. To travel for a moment to "beside the Omaha dugout". Coincidentally the moment I finished reading the piece the rain stopped here as well. Thank you for the sun dance."
This definitely a blog site I will be returning to on a regular basis.

5 Comments:

Blogger Winston said...

I needn't read tragedies, I wake up in one everyday of my life.

08 May, 2006 13:12  
Blogger meekon5 said...

Ah the self obsession of the manically depressed!

08 May, 2006 16:36  
Blogger Cheetarah1980 said...

Hey welcome to the blogosphere. There are lots of well written blogs out there. I saw your comment on Greek Tragedy and decided to check out yours.
I agree, there is a great deal of crap on the blogosphere that people somehow praise as art, but seriously, I stand by my initial statement, there are also plenty of really really good blogs out there too. Just not as heavily read as Stephanie. I reccomend http://almost literary.blogspot.com and http://www.mymixedcompany.com. http://threenewyorkwomen.blogspot.com is also a good one. I will refrain from any shameless self promotion of my own blog since you can easily find it by clicking on my profile link. Well I guess that statement was a bit shameless, but eh, who cares. Enjoy the blogosphere.

08 May, 2006 19:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'All rise (ooh matron) for his holiness The anti-pope'
I have come (tee hee)to honour the launch of the Pope Simon The First blog site, I shall perform the annointing ritual, so if you could all stand well clear as it could get messy.
A greek tragedy? Well you did move to portsmouth.

08 May, 2006 20:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides cheetarah1980's immensely entertaining blog, I would also suggest A Curate's Egg. Lee has many enlightening and refreshing insights on a variety of topics.

10 May, 2006 13:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home