Thursday, June 29, 2006

How To Loose Friends And Not Influence People.

As part of a conversation with a couple of friends about the lack of content on television and my personal dislike of Football (soccer), I was heard to say “Personally I would not really be bothered if the England Team’s plane fell out of the sky!”
Now before you leap on your high horse and start a “Flame war”. I do not wish death on the England team.
But with all the skill of a man who frequently can be found with at least one of his feet firmly wedged in his mouth I had picked a particularly quiet moment when I achieved a slightly wider broadcast than I really wished.
There came from another quarter of the bar “That’s not a very nice thing to say. Imagine if your Mum and Dad were on that plane!”
Some people take football far to seriously.
As many who have heard this story have said “what would your Mum and Dad be doing on a plane with the England squad any way?”
With all the foresight of "20/20 wish I’d thought of it then" I also realise that it would be rather an unusual event for my mother and father to be in the same room together, let alone travelling on an airplane.

Rant End.

Technorati Tag: , , , , , , .


6 Comments:

Blogger meekon5 said...

Careful Lee "They" are listening (always) :-)

I was so paranoid I even disguised one of my technorati tags (actually "Stupid Football") as "World Cup". But was happily amazed to find so many other dissenters have listed it as well.

30 June, 2006 14:15  
Blogger Garth said...

Now I have the perfect comeback for any English football fan that happens to piss me off:
"Oh, go take a penalty!"

03 July, 2006 09:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your logic is impeccable, LOL!

03 July, 2006 18:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In general, people take sports way too seriously.

04 July, 2006 00:57  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

See, I would say don't kill them now.
There's always hope that they'll quit football and learn to become productive members of society.

That plane might be carrying the next McDonald's Night Manager's Assistant's Helper!

04 July, 2006 12:41  
Blogger meekon5 said...

Are footballers that qualified then? Oh you mean someone else could be on the plane (good point didn't think that through properly)

04 July, 2006 16:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home